Many of you probably know that Mom is obsessive about my health. She wants me to live a healthy life as long as possible.
|I learned about Nutro when I won a basket full of Nutro Ultra from PetSupermarket at Barktoberfest 2010.|
One of the first things she focuses on is my diet.
- Are the ingredients in my food healthy? - Yes
- Is my food safe? - Yes
- Where does it come from? - USA
- Am I at a healthy body condition? (Not too fat? Not too thin?) - Yes
There is a lot of attention on that last item in the news lately. Obesity is affecting the health of too many pets in a bad way. Dogs (and other pets), don't control their diet, that is the responsibility of their humans. Most dog parents (82% according to the Nutro Ultra survey), think feeding their dog healthy food is important. Yet, according to the rest of the results, many of them seem to have a hard time acting on this thought (In Mom's opinion. Did I mention she is obsessive about my health?).
Nutro Ultra conducted a survey recently and released the results to the press earlier this month. Below, in purple, is an excerpt from the survey's press release.
ULTRA™ Brand Survey Findings*Unlike people, dogs cannot spend an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill if they indulge in a slice of pizza, so it is imperative dog owners provide the right foods in the right amounts. According to the survey:
- Only about half (54 percent) of owners say they feed their dog the exact serving size listed on the dog food packaging .
- 40 percent of dog owners rarely or never check the ingredients in their dog’s food
- 36 percent of dogs eat dinner when their owners do
- Only 29 percent of dogs follow an all-natural, holistic diet
Nutro Ultra also has this pawsome infographic with more of the survey's results.
|Nutro and the Nutro Knowledge Network.|
Pawsonally I agree with the dog's viewpoint. BOL!!
How does your diet measure up against the survey results?
Here are my answers:
- Mom feeds me less than the listed amount. She knows she gives me healthy treats, so she subtracts food to balance the calories.
- Mom checked the ingredients when she chose Nutro foods for me.
- I eat before Mom does.
- I have a natural diet (Nutro Natural Choice). Maybe I will get a bag of Nutro Ultra next time! They are both excellent foods, so it is hard to choose just one.
What are your answers? Please enter them in a comment below.
Disclaimer: "This post was written by a Nutro Knowledge Network member and sponsored by the Nutro Company."